How to Backup your WordPress Website
1st Feb, 2017 22nd Feb, 2016 WordPress
This guide will provide you with a step by step instructions, on how to backup your WordPress website.
When you want to backup your WordPress site. There are two things you need to backup.
1. Files – e.g. Images, Plugins, Themes, Website Config, WordPress PHP code
2. Database – All the text, layout, content maps to your site and WordPress settings.
1. You will be first presented by the File Manager, to get into your website directory click on the public_html folder.
2. Click on the Select All button to select all files and sub directories of the folder. Then Right click Compress.
3. Chose Zip Archive or whatever you prefer.
4. The zip file gets generated with an automatically generated filename.
1. Click on the Export Tab.
2. Click on the Go button.
3. Your file get downloaded to your downloads folder. Rename and Move the file from this location.
1 and 1 – How to Backup your WordPress website
To backup files, click on the WebSpaceExplorer link then follow the steps above.
For the database click on the MySQLDatabase link as show below.
Click on the phpMyAdmin button on the database listed, as show below.